Second NIRPS Science Meeting – Venue
Dear NIRPS Colleagues,
We would like to invite you to the second NIRPS Science Meeting
- Date : Tuesday April 9th to April 11th, 2019
- Location : Observatoire Astronomique de l’Université de Geneve, Chemin des Maillettes 51 – 1290 VERSOIX/GENEVA – Suisse (https://www.unige.ch/sciences/astro/)
- Meeting room : Bâtiment ASTROTECH – Salles Jura & Lac
- Starting time : Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, the meeting will be starting at 9h15am
- Registration : https://doodle.com/poll/vbdfk5rm34kchg7p (Please register as soon as possible, by March 31, 2019 at the latest.)
- Agenda : preliminary version
- Lake Geneva Hotel (http://www.lakegenevahotel.ch/)
- Thirty-two (32) are available at CHF 179 – 199 per night (breakfast included), from April 8 to 11. Those rooms are reserved under the booking name “UNIGE – N° 1315 / NIRPS“. Please, call or email them to make the reservation. Make your reservation before February 4th 2019.
- Hotel shuttles to/from the airport are also available on request.
- Shuttles to the Observatory can be provided. Please make sure you fill the Doodle accordingly
- To get there : https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b&q=geneva+lake+hotel+versoix
- The observatory can be reached by plane via GVA airport.
- The nearest train station is “Versoix” (18 minutes from Geneva Cornavin main station).
- A public bus ‘’U’’ is circulating from Versoix station to the Observatory. You will find the timetables on the following web page : http://www.tpg.ch/en/web/site-international
- Public transport are free for tourist staying in Geneva hotel (http://www.tpg.ch/geneva-transport-card)
- Morning and afternoon coffee break will be offert by the LOC
- Will be served at the cafeteria of the Observatory: you may register for traditional or vegetarian food through the doodle poll. The prices will be 20CHF or 20Euro per person per lunch (cast only). If needed a receipt will be delivered to you. Please, fill the Doodle accordingly.
- A dinner will be organized on April 10. More information to come.
- Citizens of certain countries and territories require a Visa. Letter of invitation will be delivered on request.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact:
- François Bouchy (Observatoire de Genève, Phone: +41 22 37 92 460)
- Chantal.Tacoy@unige.ch (Observatoire de Genève administrative assistant) / phone: +41 22 37 92 392
- Lison Malo (NIRPS deputy PM, deputy PS ) / phone : (Canada) 1 514 343 6111 #3195